Welcome to the NHK

Ryu Soma
Ow, my eye!
AC Username: I could be anyone
Location: Lurking beneath the trapdoor, in the dark, waiting to come out...

Welcome to the NHK

#61 Post by Ryu Soma » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 pm

I bought the manga today, ain't read it yet but it looks as though it covers up until episode 7 of the anime and its not that thick, its published by tokyopop so hopefully will not be affected ny the ADV conspiracy but who knows :scratch:
The Ecchiman
Shop smart, shop S-Mart
I'm peachy keen

LeeDless
Mumbo Jumbo
AC Username: LeeDless

Welcome to the NHK

#62 Post by LeeDless » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:03 pm

I'm debating whether to buy NHK volume one. With the rights to the show being given to Funimation, will the series be completed over here?
ぴぴるぴるぴぴるぴ~

Exelion
Dr Postwhore

Welcome to the NHK

#63 Post by Exelion » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm

http://www.mania.com/adv-films-uk-updat ... 86488.html

The UK version is on hiatus, it's possible that Revelation may take over releasing the title over here, but if they do, prepare for a long wait to complete the series.

LeeDless
Mumbo Jumbo

Welcome to the NHK

#64 Post by LeeDless » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Kurau Phantom Memory Volume 5 onwards

I hope that won't delay the release of the boxset on Monday, I have it preordered.
ぴぴるぴるぴぴるぴ~

geren
Mew Mew's apprentice
AC Username: geren

Welcome to the NHK

#65 Post by geren » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:32 pm

damnet, i preordered it from hmv and they have removed it from thier site.. :cry:

kodama
Project's Bitch

Welcome to the NHK

#66 Post by kodama » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Finally some news on NHK.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-10-06/red-garden-nhk-to-end-in-boxes-not-single-dvds

Not very clear news, but news nonetheless. I guess this means that some of squabbling is over.

BT
Mew Mew's apprentice
AC Username: BT

Welcome to the NHK

#67 Post by BT » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:55 pm

Yeah looks like boxset imports for me; and with the import tax bar raising in December(?) it should be easier to get. Although splitting it in to 2 is annoying, and then the ~£25 RRP. Looks like they want to copy Bandai with the 2 box sets for 1 series. I feel sorry for the people who bought vol 1 to 5 of these series, especially since some of the ADV releases that got transferred are getting the final volume released (Kanon vol 6, unless that's changed since I last looked :shock: ).

I wonder, will it still be the same English VAs on the NHK DVDs? Or did everything get transferred over, meaning it's just going to be released as we seen it from ADV?

BT

LeeDless
Mumbo Jumbo

Welcome to the NHK

#68 Post by LeeDless » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:31 am

Funi may be releasing NHK in boxsets in the US but it'll probably be volumes over here as the market is smaller. Also with Revelation as their UK distributor expect the final volume to arrive by no earlier than 2060. I guess I'll be importing too.

It should be the same dub too, they haven't had time to record a whole new one.
ぴぴるぴるぴぴるぴ~

Exelion
Dr Postwhore

Welcome to the NHK

#69 Post by Exelion » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:43 pm

BT wrote:Yeah looks like boxset imports for me; and with the import tax bar raising in December(?) it should be easier to get. Although splitting it in to 2 is annoying, and then the ~£25 RRP. Looks like they want to copy Bandai with the 2 box sets for 1 series. I feel sorry for the people who bought vol 1 to 5 of these series, especially since some of the ADV releases that got transferred are getting the final volume released (Kanon vol 6, unless that's changed since I last looked :shock: ).

I wonder, will it still be the same English VAs on the NHK DVDs? Or did everything get transferred over, meaning it's just going to be released as we seen it from ADV?

BT

The import limit isn't rising. :(
http://www.ukanime.com/template2.php?pa ... .php&p=578

Kanon and Devil May Cry received their final volumes because they actually sold well, and as for the content of NHK DVDs, content is the same, it's just got Funi's name on it.

BT
Mew Mew's apprentice
AC Username: BT

Welcome to the NHK

#70 Post by BT » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:28 pm

Exelion wrote:The import limit isn't rising. :(

Noooo!

Ah well, it's still worth importing even if I get hit by a £22 handling charge. I'll just have to import them in one big lump, if possible. There's hopefully plenty of time to save up; unless they decide to delay stuff further/ go bankrupt/ vanish....

Edit: Looks like FUNimation have decided to keep the fans happy. The 3 ADV titles that had boxsets only announced, have now had their final single volumes announced. Here's the link. :thumb:

BT

kodama
Project's Bitch

Welcome to the NHK

#71 Post by kodama » Sun May 31, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm really enjoying this series, despite having to wait nearly a year to get beyond ep 10.

So far (ep 13) It would be a 10 out of 10 if not for some truly awful animation in a couple of the eps, they must have been trying to save money or something.

I do think that a passing knowledge of Japan and Otaku helps to make the series even more enjoyable.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
A year ago, I hadn't heard about the pill popping culture of the overworked in Japan

kodama
Project's Bitch

Welcome to the NHK

#72 Post by kodama » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole squirming series. It's just a pity about those 2 or 3 eps that have such piss poor animation. Someone wanted firing for them.

kodama
Project's Bitch

Welcome to the NHK

#73 Post by kodama » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 pm

It's only taken forever, but they're finally releasing it over here. :shock:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... ury-by-mvm

Project-2501
Project's Bitch

Welcome to the NHK

#74 Post by Project-2501 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:35 pm

For some reason I thought it was already out here. Better late than never.
I am the project code named two-five-zero-one, The Puppet Master

kodama
Project's Bitch

Welcome to the NHK

#75 Post by kodama » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Some of it was available on CR for a little while then ADV had their little hiccup and it took ages for Funimation to pick it up. I can't remember if ADV ever released any volumes over here.

I picked up the R1 thin paks a couple of years ago I think.