Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: 2008/2009 Football Season
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:13 pm 
Call the Cops

Decided to make a football thread, mainly so all the other non-football fan users can ignore it. (Glances at Kodama.)

Anyway, this thread doesn't have to be about the Barclays Premier League, it can also include the SPL or activities going on in the other European Leagues. International matches also included.

So, what clubs do you support? And how do you think they will do this season?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:01 pm 
Mumbo Jumbo

I support Plymouth Argyle, and they're probably going to be relegated this season.
Oh well, Ian Holloways career is now effectively over so it's not all bad. 8)

ぴぴるぴるぴぴるぴ~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:04 pm 
Dr Postwhore

Aston Villa supporter and think if get right players and a decent goalie we could finish in top4

Soon to be a Captain of the 13th Squad on a Forum Oh and Ah Soul Society is Open for membership.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 pm 
Call the Cops

Ichigo Kurosaki wrote:
Aston Villa supporter and think if get right players and a decent goalie we could finish in top4

Maybe we could finish in the Top 4, but it would have to come from us doing extremely well and one of the Top 4 teams doing really badly. I'm going to remain pessimistic on the whole thing but I reckon we'll get a UEFA Cup qualifying finish.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:20 pm 
Dr Postwhore

Roostophe wrote:

Maybe we could finish in the Top 4, but it would have to come from us doing extremely well and one of the Top 4 teams doing really badly. I'm going to remain pessimistic on the whole thing but I reckon we'll get a UEFA Cup qualifying finish.

well thats if we get through the inter toto cup......which we should do... then into uefa cup and you never know where that will end but all depends on transfers like Paul Robinson/Steve Sidwell/David Bentley...just to nam a few linked with us...

Soon to be a Captain of the 13th Squad on a Forum Oh and Ah Soul Society is Open for membership.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:07 pm 
Call the Cops

It seems likely we'll get Sidwell and Robinson, but I reckon Bentley will go to one of the bigger clubs.

To be honest, though, with the size of our squad: We've lost Olof Mellberg, Luke Moore and Patrik Berger and we've released Thomas Sorensen, and Barry's on his way out. Our only real transfer so far has been Curtis Davies' move becoming permanent.
I wouldn't be surprised if MON made at least one panic buy, or had to push more younger players up into the first team and they'll be playing more matches than expected. Although we do have some proper talents coming through, such as Nathan Delfouneso, we can't rely on inexperienced youngsters to get us into Europe.

The fact that we haven't got many players is worrying, but we can be sure that Martin O'Neill will try his best to bring in as many decent players as he can before the season starts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:50 pm 
Ow, my eye!

Location: Lurking beneath the trapdoor, in the dark, waiting to come out...
Tottenham Hostpur supporter and as for the season, poor, that way if they do well i can say it was a good season :lol:

Spurs have made some good signings Dos Santos, Gomes and Modric ?Bentley may be coming. Shame how Robinson has been treated I still rate him as an England keeper, Keane would be mad to got to Liverpool, if Crouch is worth £10m keane is worth at leat £30. I'm surprised at the lack of rumours of recent weeks surrounding Berbatov's future.

I'm peachy keen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:55 pm 
Project's Bitch

Spurs fan as well. Might explain the mood swings I go through. :roll:

I want Keane to stay far more than Berber. He is a quality player and seems to be hitting his peak. Also surprised hasn't been more talk of him going. He's a quality player too so would like to see him stay, but can be a right lazy sod.

I do like the players coming in, and some we got last season, like Hutton. Be great to see him and Bale as full backs. :shock:
Robinson I like a lot and rate him, but he threw some poor strops last season. He does get beaten from range alot, although often as our midfield can be as soft as butter on a warm day. :roll:

Love us to get someone who can really stamp his authority on a match. Since Davids haven't really had someone like that.

Be interested in how Villa do as they're in the UEFA cup. That stuff can really drag on a club. I think to go from the rest to the best is the hardest step in the Premiership, and with that competition as well, will be tough.
But it is a step in the right direction for the club.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:23 pm 
Ow, my eye!

Spurs definetly have a weak defensive midfield hopefully Tom Huddlestone can fill the void left by Davids as he continues to improve his game. Still feel spurs need a another striker, as only really have 3.

When Bale was fit he was flying making it look easy, if he can stay fit and improve on his defence he can be one of the best, Hutton surprised me last season he played well and can just going and seems to come to life in the last 15mins of games.

I'm peachy keen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:43 pm 
Project's Bitch

Bale was scoring for fun at one point. ALso, big fan of Huddlestone. He seems to have some temper issues, but when he knocks the ball about it is sweet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:27 pm 
Ow, my eye!

For the villa fans, i see you've signed Sidwell, what do you think replacement for Barry?

I'm peachy keen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:31 pm 
Call the Cops

He could replace him. Sidwell is a good player, whom I'm happy that we've bought. I can imagine him or Nigel Reo-Coker taking Barry's place. But who will be the new skipper, I'm still not sure.

I hope Sidwell is the first of many players to arrive at the Villa before the window closes. We're being linked with players such as Malbranque, but I don't mind because we need all the players we can get if we're to play in the UEFA Cup this season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:13 am 
Dr Postwhore

well sidwell will be good....a young english player again and i am sure mon will get the best out of him.....as for captain i think laursen will be captain...he deserves it. i think if liverpool accept the latest offer of money plus finnan for barry then he will go ....and i think he should go after the comments made in the press.....it all seems so the same as what real did ...yet liverpool dont get reported for it like they should have....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:21 pm 
Ow, my eye!

Just watched the Sporting Lisbon vs Sunderland and have to say for a pre-season friendly it was a cracking game, the referee was abit up his own arse sending chopra off and keano to the stands, but meh becasue after the s/o sunderland scored 2 good goals to finish off unsporting lisbon :lol:

I'm peachy keen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:15 pm 
Call the Cops

I'm going to Villa's InterToto Cup match on Saturday. Hopefully wearing the new Villa shirt I've pre-ordered, which will have "McGrath 5" on the back in honour of Villa's greatest player: Paul McGrath. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next