The girl who leapt through time.

ophelia
Dr Postwhore
AC Username: erinsmith

#31 Post by ophelia » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:20 am

*wipes at tears* Stupid, wonderful, crappy, damnitalltohell movie! I kept crying and crying and crying! I loved it and really hated it. And that ENDING!@!!!!!!!!! ^%$*^@#$%@$%#$&^*#Q@$R%QY^&%&#$^@$%^&$Q#GDSFY^%#*&Q#$^% How the hell are they supposed to be together? They would have no way of finding each other!!!!! The least he could have done was kiss her or tell her how to get to him!!!!!!!!!!! *cries some more just thinking about it* stupid men, jerks the lot of ye. And he had red hair *sighs forlornly* fucking pull at my heart strings why don't you!?!!?

They should have shown them together, in the future, happily ever after. That was a crap ending!!!!!! *whimpers* I hate ambigious endings!! I want to know for concrete that it's all going to be okay.

Anyway, on another note, did anyone else notice the object falling out of the sky right after he left? Maybe the armageddon is a bit closer then one would like to believe? I saw it and I totally thought meteor. But maybe I'm just a fatalist? Pretty pathetic when you wish the world would end just so the main charrie can meet up with her boyfriend.

*cries again* stupid, unhappy endings. It totally set it up for a happy ending and then it went all dickweed. *pouts* I must read too many romance novels.

Roostophe
Call the Cops
AC Username: Roostophe

#32 Post by Roostophe » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:06 pm

Note to self: Watch this film again. :D
Last edited by Roostophe on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tenshi
Space Oddity
AC Username: Tenshi

#33 Post by Tenshi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:26 pm

I think I'll be watching it again soon too.

I think I'm going to have an anime marathon day. I have 6 studio ghibli movies, Blood the Last Vampire, The Girl Who Lept Through Time, both GiTS movies and both stand alone series.

I could have a good day!
Why yes, I am bored. How could you tell?

Roostophe
Call the Cops

#34 Post by Roostophe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:53 am

Watched it again just now. Started watching at 2am so it was a late-night viewing.

Yep, it is still awesome. Got such charm and excellent music. You can't really say it was just 'alright'...because nobody will let you. :D

ophelia wrote:*cries again* stupid, unhappy endings. It totally set it up for a happy ending and then it went all dickweed. *pouts* I must read too many romance novels.

Whaddayouonaboot? It was a happy ending. It may not have been the super-mega-happy ending you seemed to want but it was "And, happily, everything was alright with the world." ending. If you watch it again, you'll get my drift. You understand it more the second time...

ophelia
Dr Postwhore

#35 Post by ophelia » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:58 am

He is going forward to a world that is crumbling and decaying. She is stuck in the past. Two things will happen 1) The world will crumble in her lifetime and then they may be together. 2) She dies long before getting to be with him. Fucking crap. I like my endings sweet, sappy, and the two lovebirds walking off into the sunset with a baby in her belly. That's how I take my happy endings; extra sugar.

Roostophe
Call the Cops

#36 Post by Roostophe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:04 am

I think you do read too many romance novels...

...plus that sort of ending just wouldn't have worked for a film such as this. Don't tell me you went into watching that film expecting that sort of ending. Did you? :o

ophelia
Dr Postwhore

#37 Post by ophelia » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:16 am

I did expect them to run off together at the end! Maybe a nice flashforward of them together in the future, the picture hanging in the background and them kissing sweetly as their daughter admires the exhibit. But meh. I'm a hopeless romantic and I hate teary bits with no recompense for my losses.

kodama
Project's Bitch

#38 Post by kodama » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:11 am

I think you missed the point. She was going to try and make a better future for him, for everyone.

EDIT: Now I have more time. It might be a weird relationship if they did meet up, 25 year age gap.

Old Git
Project's Bitch
AC Username: Prisoner KSC2 303

#39 Post by Old Git » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:49 pm

The ending was imperfect but I really liked it for that.

I can just imagine the Hollywood version now, where everything is explained and sewn up and we get to see them in the future. :roll:
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard."

ophelia
Dr Postwhore

#40 Post by ophelia » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:03 pm

I didn't say I didn't like it or get it. I just said I prefer happy, perfect endings. So nyah.

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch
AC Username: gpatton81

#41 Post by CastorTroy81 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:34 am

Ebenezer Scrooge was a weak minded lightweight.
He broke after only a few hours of brainwashing!!!

kodama
Project's Bitch

#42 Post by kodama » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Hmm, I did try and look at the trailer, but I've always struggled with those Yahoo Japan ones.

Crucifer
sexXxholic
AC Username: crucifer

#43 Post by Crucifer » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Posted in the recently watched anime thread, but have to say it here too. Cannot fault this film! I've watched it twice and want to do so again!