Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Am I reading too much in to it?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Say what? I got distracted by the panties 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Shuffle, the discussion. Beware contains spoilers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:26 pm 
Mew Mew's apprentice

Dead thread resurrection. Delete if noone cares :D.

After buying the English VN from Mangagamer back in August I have finally finished everything. That's not to say it's long; it's more of a struggle to keep reading the extremely dull text.

Honestly, I think the anime of Shuffle! was much better than the VN. The characters in the anime were far more interesting, in particular Kaede. Also, once you've chosen your "target" girl in the VN the rest basically become background characters. Whereas in the anime they kept going back and forth between each character which felt like everyone was still included in the story.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Want to know more about the VN?
The VN basically lets you (playing as Rin) follow 1 of 5 possible stories: Sia, Nerine, Kaede, Asa & Primula. You start with a generic introduction and then choose some options in between the dialogue. Some of these very serious decisions include: "Go home" or "Wait at school"; "Go shopping for shoes" or "Go shopping with Primula"; "Come inside" or "Come outside". <insert serious business here> Once you've set the flags you follow the selected characters' story for a bit, Funky time with them, follow more story, Funky time again, finish the story, then get a prologue.

Each story is included in some form in the anime, apart from Primula. She is almost a totally different personality in the VN if you pick her route.

Sias' main story involves you discovering reverse Sia (her split personality twin sister) and persuading them both to share the same body. Her story was probably the most interesting out of them all.

Nerines' story is about her sister Lycoris, something about sacrificing herself or some crap like that. Nerine chooses to fulfill Lycoris last wish but ends up falling for Rin.

Kaede is extremely tame in the VN. One of the best parts of Shuffle! was her Yandere personality. In the VN she is reduced to what is effectively Rins' servant.

Asas' story is pretty much the anime story. Asa doesn't want to use magic, Rin goes emo to force her to use magic, the day is saved.

Primulas' story is rather... wrong. She becomes extremely annoying with her continual repetition of "onii-chan".

Honestly I'm not impressed with the Suffle! visual novel; not Manga Gamers translation or anything, but the actual content of the "game". The only reason I can think of for wanting to "play" (I think endure might be better here) this after seeing the anime is A) you are curious about the original source material, B) you want some pr0n, in which case why spend hours going through the text. I picked A), I swear. :OG:

BT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:18 pm 
Project's Bitch

*cough* perv *cough*

Aren't they all under 18? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:20 pm 
Mew Mew's apprentice

If fictional characters have an age yeah sure, why not. Although it does say the "all characters depicted are fictional and of 18 years or older" for what it's worth.

If we look at >that< new law, Primulas' story is the only one that could fall in to the red (assuming we're not over-reacting). But then it is part of a larger narrative.

On that note I'm concerned with buying Koihime Musou from MangaGamer, what with the larger cast of questionable characters. I'm hoping they give an option to blank out those CG, but we'll see. They were going to be doing something similar with Soul Link, but people screamed and stamped their feet, so that never happened.

BT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 pm 
Project's Bitch

The interesting one will be to see what happens with the lost girls. If they show actual graphic sex it might be worth thinking twice. But then they have to find you first!