Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Playstation Network
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:39 pm 
Project's Bitch

Well I'm sure you've heard anyway, but if anyone with a PSN account here hasn't heard, PSN was hacked. And everyone is to go by the assumption that all personal info and Card details were taken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:24 pm 
Project's Bitch

Heard a lot of rumours and press pieces on this. Glad I don't have one, but, being an old cynic, part of me wonders about the only way we 'know' it was hacked it because Sony said so. :shifty:

But I do suspect many won't go on there again, but there will be plenty who will. As ever.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:01 pm 
Mew Mew's apprentice

Hmm, one has to then wonder what would be worse than admitting to being hacked, loosing the trust and personal details of 77 million users and getting multiple worldwide police departments involved.

Anyway. It appears 'only' personal details were not encrypted on the servers: so your address, DoB, account passwords and security questions etc. Basically a load of information that could be used for identity theft or scams. Credit Card information was encrypted and therefore hackers (if they even took it which there is currently no evidence of) would need the decryption key or have broken the encryption - which would have greater consequences than just bringing the PSN down.

For now I'm just waiting to see what happens. If it actually turns out they have my card details I'll have to sort that out. Personal info, well it's probably already out there. Another website I used to buy stuff from got hacked and lost my details so meh.

BT

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:43 pm 
Project's Bitch

BT wrote:
Hmm, one has to then wonder what would be worse than admitting to being hacked, loosing the trust and personal details of 77 million users and getting multiple worldwide police departments involved.BT

They got the police involved too? Wow.
Getting hacked isn't as bad as fucking it up themselves, but really I'm just suspicious of anything corporations say.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:25 pm 
Project's Bitch

Well apparently over the coming weeks they're going to give all PSN subscribers 30 day Playstation Plus memberships.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:44 pm 
Mew Mew's apprentice

Yay, more news of hacks against Sony. Sony Online Entertainment - the branch responsible for online MMOs such as Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies - have had Bank Records, personal details and credit card numbers stolen. No idea what level of encryption was used on this data.

I used to play/pay a few of these many years ago. One would hope Sony have destroyed these records by now... who am I kidding -.- . I hope the competent security firms called in and government agencies can find the culprits soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br49AGUPgho

BT