E3 2010

All things gaming related
CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch
AC Username: gpatton81

E3 2010

#1 Post by CastorTroy81 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:02 am

And it's here again.

Watched the Microsoft conference yesterday. Spent about an hour for Kinect, formerly Project Natal. Some cool features such as voice activated menus and video playback, but no big attractions gamewise for it. Then the XBox 360 "slim" was unveiled at the end. Not a bad price if the £199 on Play and Amazon is right.

All in all, it brought me back to Nintendo's conference last year which drew loads of complaints about being too focused on "casual" gamers and everyone scoffed at them. Then Microsft go and do it this year and Sony probably do it this evening to show off Move.

So have Nintendo and Sony this evening at 5pm and 8pm I believe.
Ebenezer Scrooge was a weak minded lightweight.
He broke after only a few hours of brainwashing!!!

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch

E3 2010

#2 Post by CastorTroy81 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Well I think the Nintendo showing was the best this year. Showing off plenty of new games from their franchise. Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong and Kid Icarus. But the main thing I was intereasted in, apart from Zelda of course, was the 3DS. Looks good and sounds good. Just waiting on more details like how powerful it is. Rumoured to be basically a portable gamecube at least. The just want release date and price. Huge lineup of games coming to it.

The Sony conference didn't have too much that interested me. Found it pretty boring. Though there was the Portal 2 announcement where Valve and Sony have struck some kinda deal with Steam.

BT
Mew Mew's apprentice
AC Username: BT

E3 2010

#3 Post by BT » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:48 pm

For me Nintendo had the best conference. The 3DS looks promising, not for the 3D aspects, but for the improved hardware and hopefully game line up. Zelda games look interesting, was it cell shaded or am I going nuts?
I'm warry of the 2D Donkey Kong remake. I fell for this trap with Wario World on GameCube.

Xbox 360 slim is just another bad Xbox. I read the RRoD was fixed in this version. They removed the red LEDs. My 360 broke recently, but since I rarely play it now I'm just going to pull it apart. The games announced at E3 have not persuaded me otherwise.

Sony, yeah.

BT

shogran
Mew Mew's apprentice
AC Username: shogran

E3 2010

#4 Post by shogran » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:33 pm

The xbox slim is out next friday i think at £199 , its just them trying to get a machine as good as a ps3.

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch

E3 2010

#5 Post by CastorTroy81 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:39 pm

Yeah, I had to laugh at their fix for the RROD. Just remove the red lights. :lol: The £199 price surprised me, since I've noticed when they release something here they would release it with a price of just changing the currency so $299 usually becomes €299 and £249 like the PS3. But for this it's something like €259 and £199.

As for the new Donkey Kong Country, it's more of a new game than a remake. And I won't rule it out since it's from Nintendo and Retro who won me over with Metroid Prime. Though those games were far different.