Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: E3 2009
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:21 pm 
Project's Bitch

Just a reminder that E3 starts today, for anyone interested.

And as I know there are 360 fans here, the microsoft press conference starts in about 5 mins. All press conferences are being shown on ign and G4 sites.

Nintendo and Sony conferences are tomorrow I believe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:39 pm 
Mew Mew's apprentice

I used to care about E3. But now with the current generation of consoles it's just lame. Still, something cool could be announced, however unlikely. I'll just watch out for the "highlights". :thumb:

The last E3 I really cared about was when they announced Halo 2, as well as many other great games.

BT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 pm 
Project's Bitch

Well 2 Halo things included as well as Metal Gear Solid. But their new motion capture controller was their big thing, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:52 pm 
Mew Mew's apprentice

From the highlights the only game that interested me has been New Super Mario Bros Wii. But even then the added "motion controls" make this game sound lame. Also the lack of online multi-player for now is a bit disappointing.

More motion sensing controllers, argh :el: . Waving your hands around like a lunatic is not fun, but then that's my opinion.

Anyone else found any games they are interested in shown at E3?

BT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:18 pm 
Project's Bitch

No interest in that game since I'm a loner. :) It's what I hate about a lot of games these days. Too much emphasis on multiplayer.

So I was happy to see Super Mario Galaxy 2 and a new Metroid, though neither are due for at least a year. Have a new Zelda for the DS this year, The Conduit for the Wii this month and I may go for Silent Hill(shown at the Konami Press conference) this year as well. Will probably get the Wii MotionPlus.

Think Sony had the best conference with regard games. God of war 3 looks great.

Again too much focus on multiplayer and casual games. And not a fan of RPGs and can't say I'm a big player of MGS so there was too much of them at E3 overall.

The Milo demo looked to work well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:59 pm 
sexXxholic

CastorTroy81 wrote:
So I was happy to see Super Mario Galaxy 2 and a new Metroid, though neither are due for at least a year. Have a new Zelda for the DS this year, The Conduit for the Wii this month and I may go for Silent Hill(shown at the Konami Press conference) this year as well. Will probably get the Wii MotionPlus.

This. Also Golden Sun DS and No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle looked all kinds of awesome

The majority of the 360 games announced were interesting but none of them were really the kind of games I'll rush out and buy on release apart from perhaps Bayonetta. And despite me becoming disenfranchised with the, er, franchise in recent years the trailer for Final Fantasy XIII looked stonkingly good.

If I had to pick one game that really stood out it'd have to be The Last Guardian though. The PS3 was sold to me the moment I saw the trailer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:53 am 
Project's Bitch

Yeah The Last Guardian looks great as well. Meant to say that. Sadly I haven't played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus yet. I hear both look stunning and are good games as well. So I will get them sometime in the near future. I think if I get 1 of the more advanced systems, I would go for PS3 over the 360. Mainly because I really enjoyed the first God of War and have the second on my "to play" list.

And I agree with No More Heroes:Desperate Struggle. The first was mindless fun. Even got a dig at Duke Nukem Forever. My main problem with it was how you had to go raising money before getting onto the next level. Got pretty tedious after a while.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:18 pm 
Kodama bit my bum

[Insert generic comment about how Sony/Microsoft/especially Nintendo failed at their conferences. Follow up by the demand of less sequels and franchises. Continuing on to demand a personally liked sequel and/or franchise. Potentially a comment about mini games and Nintendo fans being inadequate in bed. Finish up with a good old fashioned LOL]

In all serious though, Castor and Howard have both listed everything that I'm interested in. Milo holds a vague interest for me too, in that I'm intrigued to see what Molyneux has up his sleeve to stop the abuse of such software. :lol: I'm also more than a little surprised to see how popular Golden Sun DS is, at least on the usual front page GameFaqs poll. I was always under the impression it was a little under the radar of most. Perhaps that was just in the UK though?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:28 am 
sexXxholic

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/779-The-Second-Annual-E3-Hype-Massacre

Perhaps in my old age I've got so cynical I've come out the otherside and become all optimistic but Yahtzee just infuriates me. Nothing's worse than a one trick pony... I'm sure I can audibly hear barrels being scraped in the background of his reviews these days.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:54 am 
Call the Cops

Okay, I probably should stay out of this gaming conversation because I'm in over my head, but I have to say I'm glad to hear that Golden Sun is gathering a following. I had it for gameboy advanced and loved every second of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:10 am 
Kodama bit my bum

Last edited by unnoticed demon on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:25 pm 
sexXxholic

I've been following the rollercoaster ride of Brutal Legend ever since it was announced since I'm a big fan of it's creator's (Tim Schafer's) previous stuff. It's looking better and better every time I see it. Check out some of the stuff on development website http://www.doublefine.com as there're some brilliant comics and some really funny bits and pieces on there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:45 pm 
Kodama bit my bum

Last edited by unnoticed demon on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:43 am 
Project's Bitch

While not E3, Gamescom kicked off this week. Big news confirmed yesterday evening with the PS3 price drop and the PS3 Slim. Of course we're getting screwed as usual with the prices at $299 and €299. So about €80 more expensive here than in the States. Play and Amazon listing it as £250.

And then Fable III shown at the Microsoft conference.

So may get a PS3 sometime now they're cheaper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:57 pm 
Dr Postwhore

I do love how Sony keep on making the PS3 worse with each new version of the console.