Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Xbox Experience (19th Nov)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:53 am 
Kodama bit my bum

thank god that Micro$oft thinks that eXperience is spellelt with an E and Not a X. or we be looking at the NXX.

sadly this may be only blessing xbox users get as come the 19th where getting the N.X.E. (the New Xbox Experience) if we like it or not. (will if we plug our xboxs in net we do.)

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/nxe/default.htm

so every thing scrolls nicely and you can down load games to your hard disc from CD. cool but there the avatar big head ugly wii me's look-a-likes. being a dull white man in his late 20 i not going to have any fun making him look like me. but i don't think its going to give me the tools needed to make a freak. (cross dressing albino ZZTop look-o-like with a butchers knife or maybe just naked or with out a face). even the punk mohawk looks forced "look how alterative we have punks". even better i think we may have to pay to dress and hear cut our Xboxs me. so we have to pay to look like dull people.

i don't play games to be me, i play to be a ninjas or a kill cyborge that blows stuff. so why did M$ look at its core Xbox users and say lets not let them dress as ninjas or cyborges or knights. lets make them dress like they shop at the gap.

this is turning into a rant i know but what i trying to ask is what are the other XBox users here going to do. Or you going make the avatar look like you or are you try some thing odd. Or are just going to say no to every update from now on.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:24 pm 
Call the Cops

Well, I've already made my avatar.

I signed up for the preview and I now have the new Dashboard.

It's pretty good. Although I'm on the other end of the scale than you and I think the avatars are better than the Mii's. They're much more customisable and not so cutesy and annoying as the Miis.

But it's not about the avatars...

It takes some getting used to, because many of the things have been switched around and moved. But it is pretty easy to find where everything is now, so it's not too bad.

It is better designed than the old dashboard. This one has more of a personality and looks much brighter.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:37 pm 
Call the Cops

ImageImage

My 360 avatar. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:23 pm 
Kodama bit my bum

dose it look like you? or is this how you want the world to see you?

but your rigth they do look a lot better then the Wii Mii's. i'm holding of moning more until wesday when i'll up date the XBox to the NXE and can see if it's realy that bad.

so i may post what it looks like then.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:09 pm 
sexXxholic

I'm still largely withholding my judgement until the release date but the fact that you have to pay for extra bits and pieces for your avatar automatically = a little bit rubbish.

Case in point: I have a Mii that looks like Solid Snake. And what's more he can play tennis with two others I downloaded who look like Jack Black and Narutο. And they were both completely free. Ergo, Mii's kick arse.

I very much like the idea of installing a game to the HDD though. Fable 2 is constantly loading from the disk all the bloody time so it'd be nice to stop all that clattering coming from the laser array.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:25 pm 
Dr Postwhore

Howard Beale wrote:

I very much like the idea of installing a game to the HDD though. Fable 2 is constantly loading from the disk all the bloody time so it'd be nice to stop all that clattering coming from the laser array.

This is the only thing I'm interested in for the update. I don't care for the Mii's err I mean Avatars :roll: , or a face lift for the dash, but now finally my 360 can stop chewing up my games. But, with the pathetic size of the (nowhere near) 20gb hard drive; I can install one game at a time whoopie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:50 pm 
Project's Bitch

Are you telling me that a screwdriver assisted upgrade can't wedge a decent Hdd in there?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:24 pm 
Call the Cops

Can't you buy a 120GB HDD solus?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:14 pm 
Kodama bit my bum

unless it lets you download it onto a removeable USB drive. then you may as well get one of this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-Drivestation-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B001ER6CIW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1226945303&sr=1-6

and it costs only a £10 less then the 120GB drive.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-120GB-Hard-Drive-Expansion/dp/B000U1JI1Q/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1226945495&sr=1-18

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:28 pm 
Call the Cops

Well, perhaps Exe should get one of them.

I've got a 120GB HDD myself, but it was attached to a 360 Elite.

Don't bother getting an Elite unless you need to. I needed to. Hence...

Although I signed up for the NXE preview on my old 360. Not that it will matter anymore come Wednesday. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:15 pm 
Dr Postwhore

kodama wrote:
Are you telling me that a screwdriver assisted upgrade can't wedge a decent Hdd in there?

Nope, unlike the PS3 you can't use any old hard drive, so you have to pay the £100+ (or thereabouts) for the Official 360 120GB drive, which is rather extortionate for a mere laptop hard drive in a fancy case.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:32 pm 
Project's Bitch

Pfft, can you get the 20Gb one cheap and jigger that?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:08 pm 
Kodama bit my bum

Ok i down loaded it now.

The Avatar systems OK, i like my Baron Von Evil look but i real miss my old "the Cake is a Lie" Avatar. i not worked out a way to post him on line show. (MGC not likeing the NXE).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:37 pm 
Dr Postwhore

:el: Oh for the love of God, the Avatars are compulsory, why do we have to have one of these charm less bloody things? They're awful, Mii's can be good fun, especially creating friends and family with over the top features, but these things are just without any charm what so ever, and then to have them forced onto you is just so mildly frustrating.

As for the rest of the update, the 360 is far quieter now that one doesn't have to listen to the disc drive constantly struggling to read the disc, the menus are nice and slick. But the free backgrounds are rather bland, probably so that people may be tempted to pay for a damn wallpaper.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:25 pm 
Kodama bit my bum

I do not like these stupid avatar things. They are quite annoying and rather ugly. I preferred my pirate avatar. Maybe I can make this one as frightening as possible and just claim it is me... XD

The only good point is the quieter menu but I don't like the layout I miss my old layout. Maybe they'll heed people and give you an option ... maybe...