Backlog - What next

All things gaming related
CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch
AC Username: gpatton81

Backlog - What next

#1 Post by CastorTroy81 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Got this idea from kodama's backlog of movies post. :)

Okay, I've finished the Wii games I have so I'm gonna go back and play Gamecube games I've never played/finished. Also have a few PS2 games to play, though have rarely ever played the PS2.

Any suggestions for what game I should go for next. I'm sure there's more than this list. I'm not someone who plays for hours on a daily basis

GC
Resi Evil 0, 2, 3, 4 (Played a bit of 0 but will be starting again. gonna try and play in order)
Viewtiful Joe (Played to second level I think, but will restart)
Metroid Prime 2 (Played a lot of it, but lost the save game so will be restarting. May go for this first)
Ikaruga
MGS:Twin Snakes
Eternal Darkness

PS2:
Punisher
Prince of Persia: The 2 Thrones (Finished the first 2 for the Cube)
Second Sight
GTA:Vice City(Never got into this franchise)
Ebenezer Scrooge was a weak minded lightweight.
He broke after only a few hours of brainwashing!!!

Dr OcCuLt
Kodama bit my bum
AC Username: Dr OcCuLt

Backlog - What next

#2 Post by Dr OcCuLt » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm

i do the Resi Evil in order then move to GTA:VC.

and i'd sikp Punisher all togather.

Howard Beale
sexXxholic
AC Username: Elfen Lied

Backlog - What next

#3 Post by Howard Beale » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:08 pm

Being a big RE fan I'd suggest you plough through those first of all. That said, RE 0 bored me to tears and I've never really got on too well with 3. So play RE2 and 4 first since they're the two best in the series and 4 is pretty much the best game of the last generation of consoles. Neither of them are particularly long so they won't drag on for years which is always handy.

Unless you're some kind of superhuman monster who needs to perfect every level in one credit, Ikaruga doesn't really need to have hours and hours of time dedicated to it each and every day. I'd play it for a few minutes or so every now and again to unwind (and laugh at my ineptitude at the game too) if I was playing a particularly hefty or laborious RPG. Eternal Darkness is a fun little survival horror and well worth giving a go as is VJ. Although be warned that it can be a complete bugger sometimes - you'll learn to curse the name Fire Leo. Can't say much about the Metroid game since I only ever played the first Prime for a few hours or so.

Of your PS2 games, start with Second Sight; it's a forgotten gem. But, meh, I can take or leave the rest of 'em.

My advice: play all the GC games first then mop up the dregs on the PS2. Or, more specifically, play Resident Evil 4 (and 2 if you really care about RE's "story") with a little bit of Ikaruga on the side.

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch

Backlog - What next

#4 Post by CastorTroy81 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Yeah I've played VJ and never even reached Fire Leo. Not an easy game, at all. Seems easy in theory and appearance. Just stopped playing it after I got stuck and planned to go back later. :?

And found out about Ikaruga off Gamerweb back in the day and had a few quick goes on it after I got it off ebay. Simple gameplay. Pretty hard game. but like I said, I never really sat down to play it.

I'm a big Metroid fan which is why I'm leaning towards it. Having finished Prime and Prime:Corruption. The only thing putting me off is replaying the whole thing over again to get as far as I was before my memory card decided to play up. But it is brilliant so it's worth it! :D

As for the PS2 games, I'm a Punisher fan which is my reason for getting the game since I heard the story was even written by Garth Ennis. And the Prince of Persia games are addictive due to all their save points which I like. :)

Forgot to mention I also have XIII on the GC still to play. I remember reading someone saying it's the game everyone has but no one has played. :roll:

Have finished playing TimeSplitters:Future Perfect recently. Got stuck near the very end and haven't played since. Will try it again before moving on.

kodama
Project's Bitch

Backlog - What next

#5 Post by kodama » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Once you move into your new house, you'll have plenty of time to catch up. What with having no money FOREVER! :lol:

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch

Backlog - What next

#6 Post by CastorTroy81 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:34 pm

That's the plan. Will have plenty of time to catch up on my dvds, tv shows and gaming since will have no Sky and will be making do with a portable tv/dvd combi and my laptop.

Dr OcCuLt
Kodama bit my bum
AC Username: Dr OcCuLt

Backlog - What next

#7 Post by Dr OcCuLt » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:38 pm

i only heard bad things about the Punisher game. mostly that its based more on the bad film and not the Garth Ennis comic(wicth would be a funny yet sick game). but i not played it so i may be wrong.

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch

Backlog - What next

#8 Post by CastorTroy81 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:45 pm

I liked the film. Could've been better but I can see the new one being worse. As for the game, it seems to be partially based on the Welcome Back Frank storyline. This was also what the movie was partially based on and where they got his neighbours and The Russian from, so maybe these were the comparisons to the movie that were noticed.

Also read it's a good game for fans with the interrogations and violence. :D

kodama
Project's Bitch

Backlog - What next

#9 Post by kodama » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:07 pm

If you ask you're parents really nicely, I sure Sky Anytime on your PC will substitute. :D

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch

Backlog - What next

#10 Post by CastorTroy81 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:14 am

Ah I'll survive for a bit without it, maybe. Or just Sky Plus everything and go home at the weekend. :P

Also I saw last night I have The Thing for PS2 to play as well. :roll: