Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fans ruin everything...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 am 
sexXxholic

BT wrote:
The reason most people jump on you for "trying something new" is it wastes their time. If I had been waiting hours to get a group together and someone turns up with a rubbish build, they alone will have wasted mine and everyone in the groups time. Where's the fun in waiting, or spending hours in an instance for someone to ruin it because of their poor build choice?

This is pretty much the reason why I don't play online RPG's very much. I just can't see the fun in standing around talking specifications and statistics and builds for hours on end. You end up playing it other people's way rather than your own way which, in my experience, is just tedious in the extreme. Give me Phantasy Star Online any day; if I wanted to run about with a massive great gun shooting the hell out of things I could. Call me shallow but I find a game more fun when I'm playing by my own rules rather than having to adhere to some hidden gaming gospel.

As for the Diablo 3 debacle, it just proves that fans mostly like to be force-fed the same shit repeatedly. Complaining that a game has rainbows in is just ludicrous. It sounds like the ravings of the kind of empty headed pre-pubescents who think that making a game "adult" means having a colour palette consisting of black, brown and grey and having main characters say "fuck" all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:46 pm 
Ow, my eye!

Location: Lurking beneath the trapdoor, in the dark, waiting to come out...
Does this concern anyone :scratch:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200808 ... dbed5.html

I'm peachy keen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:56 pm 
Motoko's Bitch

Can you really get angry about being caught for doing something illegal? We all know that downloading is illegal & the more you do it the more you’d running the risk of getting caught. I’m not trying to come off as some kind of saint, god know I’ve done my own bit of downloading in the past. Sure I’d be a bit pissed off if I suddenly found myself in court or landed with a fine, but at the end of the day I knew the risk so I can’t bitch to much.

One thing I’m pleased about because of these actions is it helped shut up all those “pub beards” (A term coined by my friends & I to describe those people who sit in pubs stocking there beards claming to know “Everything”) from forever saying you can get out of legal trouble like this due to some sort of loop hole.

So in answer to the question,
Yer I guess I’m a little worried that the crack down on downloaders is getting tougher. But if I get caught I have no one else to blame but myself… Unless I want to use the tried & tested argument.
“I don’t want it to be illegal & there for it isn’t”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:26 pm 

I get put off from playing Guitar hero III online because whenever someone is about to lose they have a conveinient "Loss of wifi connection".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:45 am 
Kodama bit my bum

Halo has some pretty colors. Video games in general are just fun. I can see discussing a possible story line...but small details? Unless pointed out in a story about how the words on the wall actually meant something in the game and it took forever to find it out, no. Like harsh breathing!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:22 pm 
Sex Pest

It's been a while since i played any online game that wasn't on Xbox Live, in fact it was probably Team Fortress Classic or Ultima Online. Thats how long ago we're talking about!

I joined UO pretty much from the get go so i first hand knowledge of the havoc that players can wreck when they put there mind to it, mostly logging on one afternoon to find that my hunting grounds had turned into a urban sprawl - getting a house was very easy, and there were no real restrictions on where you could put it! Plus the PKing was very bad from what i remember.

I would also imagine the type of fans you encounter depends on the game your talking about; the only game i really play on the PC now is Victoria: Empire under the Sun and the forum for that game is really good, with a large, friendly and open community. Which is good, as it's a rather long winded and slow history based game - very niche.

The various CoD4 forums are probably more...excitable, as it's more popular. And if my recent ownage experiances are anything to go by it's populated by foul mouthed 12yr olds who are really, really good shots. But still foul mouthed.