Random Ramblings of a Sleep Deprived Mind.

All things written

Moderator: Old Git

CrowSpirit
Call the Cops
AC Username: CrowSpirit

#1 Post by CrowSpirit » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:10 am

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
I often wonder what the point is. Are we inhabitants of a simply grim existence. Do we stem from nothing but the purely scientific basis of evolution and biology? Can we think? “I think therefore I am" Do we really believe this in the depths of our minds. Isn't it true that the real depths of our minds consist of nothing more then nerve centers and tissues? How can we be so absurd as to think that anything greater then the nothing that we are exists. Why would we want to believe that? If we are so screwed up as it is, can we handle the thought of another alternate reality. For so many it is hope, but isn’t it also true that the most likely course of reasoning course of reasoning is that alternate may be the same level if not worse as the desolate, vast, destruction of our world. Could it then be said that our only purpose is to think and destroy? Or is it that our true purpose to counteract this destruction. Is it really the conflict of good vs. evil that we've been led to believe our entire lives? Could it be something more then that? All creatures live, all creatures die. Is our purpose simply to die? If so, why bother. What's the point? We'll die before we've accomplished everything that can be accomplished. Or maybe that's simply it; all we can accomplish is what we accomplish. We're doomed to never improve any farther then the wisest brightest person or the stupidest idiot when they die. Because our timelines end when we die. Were not like history, we don't span far into the past; or scienctific progress, far into the future. We are just "human" we whither away into nothingness as assuredly as we are alive at this very second, for surely in order to be reading these lines you must be alive, it would be very sad to have died before you have the opportunity to reflect on what you are currently reading, when I say reflect I meant process, which really means, read. Sorry, I got off track. Wait; there is no track I forgot. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to believe we are not alive therefore we can't believe we die. If we never exist, we can never stop existing. You never have to worry about death if you are constantly worrying about living a dream. It's highly possible that, that is pricesly what we are, a dream. We could be some kind of elaborate psychosis, some odd fever dream. A world that since at this moment we don't completely understand therefore is just a child's story, imagined as it goes along. Like making and creating and learning, those could all be childish ideas of a race that understands everything, we could be like unicorns to some reality race. Since we have such a hard time recalling our dreams, how do we know that our dreams aren't reality? Often I see building, same architecture same set up, same queer design, and I look at it with as much fascination as I do the leaves. Hundreds of different kinds of showers, and bathtubs, I always wonder what the purpose is. Why so many? Do they all bathe together? Or are they really showers at all? Maybe I'm just pretending while my dream self, like making a magic sword out of a stick, it's not really a sword, or is it? Could it be true, or is it just another confusing delusion of the mind. Why do we have such a strong desire to understand things? I believe it’s plausible that were like children in a dream, we try to understand but we are just imagining because it's not our real world. We don't exist in this world because it's just a dream. Some idea to occupy an idle mind. Were merely visitors trading places we other dimensions through the sheer threads of consciousness that separate our planes of existence. Death isn't really death; it's just our way of knowing that we can no longer pass over the barrier. People in the dream lament because they will no longer be communicating with you on this level. Yet you still exist, and you even in some instances attempt to make contact with them. Sometimes however, it's just not enough. I think my 2 selves are on the same page with each other, same basis of understanding and intelligent reasoning. I also have the theory that split personality disorder derives from the personalities from various planes of existence becoming trapped within a specific state of being, a buildup of personalities and people.

Old Git
Project's Bitch
AC Username: Prisoner KSC2 303

#2 Post by Old Git » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:56 am

This is rambling, but I love that. It is just pouring out every thought out and so is very honest and raw and provoking.
Quite hard to get to grips with because of that, but then not something meant to be handled in that way. Writing like this is something that you read, wipe the blood from your eyes and spend the rest of the day trying to think up responses.

In this, you are Gilgamesh. You look at life and think what is the point? Unfortunately you can't run through the world and find the answer. Although in truth he only realised it when he came home.
Gilgamesh had to accept the great truth that is death cannot be avoided. Yet he also saw that the works in life will be the legacy, and that is where the point in life lies. For him it was the city of Uruk. For us it can be many things, but equally valid. True, nothing will last, but it will have effect, even in small measure, and that effect will effects others.
This also reminds me of that other classic from ancient literature, Job, with a man bewailing his birth and wondering why even be born to suffering. The Book of Ecclesiastes is akin to this as well: everything we do ends in dust.
But both again come to that conclusion, that we have life before we have death, and so live as best you can with what you have. (interestingly those are two books in the Bible that are very ungodly)

So your work is very much steeped in thinking that has gone on for a long, long time, yet just came out a bit faster. :wink:
Admire the effort and the directions you take. I could sit and analyse it for hours, but I'm tired. :mrgreen:
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard."

CrowSpirit
Call the Cops
AC Username: CrowSpirit

#3 Post by CrowSpirit » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:19 am

I didn't realize how thought provoking my thinking was? This is just me tired...usually my thoughts have are more formulated, yet still broad. (When I think out loud I usually give the people about me a headache from the intensity of my thought process...for most it can be overstimulating. I happen to think too much.)

Gilgamesh that sounds familiar and now I'm going to have to go look it back up.

Also, entertaining little jab at godliness there: But both again come to that conclusion, that we have life before we have death, and so live as best you can with what you have. (interestingly those are two books in the Bible that are very ungodly).

Old Git
Project's Bitch
AC Username: Prisoner KSC2 303

#4 Post by Old Git » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:51 am

Well Job is basically a rant against God, and Eccs is just someone moaning about life. Neither are of the 'God is great so all is well' philosophy.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is the oldest piece of writing still in existence. Short, but a great read (I found). Famous for having the tale of the Flood in it, before Noah's one.
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard."