Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: BSG
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:14 am 
Mew Mew's apprentice

well i loved the ending, i will admit it did go on in some places, what with were everyone was going to build there houses, but the bit they put in with the robots at the end was brill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:07 pm 
Project's Bitch

Only just got round to watching it now.

Got to admit to not being that wound up. More glad it's over.
Very little was explained but I never expected much, and if they had it wouldn't have worked out. Simple truth is they made it all up.

Yes, God did it. That's the best solution. :el:
Complete let down and the new deux machina, but fuck it. They put in too many questions and fucked the show up ages ago. Least there was a decent ending in finding Earth (oh that Earth!) and seems the rumours about Six walking through Times Square were true, kind of.

By the way, the bloke reading the magazine that Blatar and Six read over his shoulder - Mr Ronald Moore! :roll:

Got to admit that my disgust with Roslin hit new heights though. Has that woman ever been right about any of her delusions? Turns out her whole dream of saving Hera was yet another thing she wasn't meant to do.
Did like how they worked that bit through though.

Was I the only one who loved it when Galen looked at that pointless bitch with an utterly murderous look? I was cheering him on! About fucking time!
That character has been worked over more than anyone else. Loses Boomer, sees her but it's Athena and she settles with Helo and they have a kid, then he has a wife and kid but ends up with neither, then back with Boomer only to be used by her. Man, bet he's the source of all misogyny in the universe!
Oh, and glad Athena shot Boomer. Cool. :D

Basically the emotional stuff worked. The pre-Caprica stuff was crap and added nothing overall. Yes, it could have ended earlier, certainly could have been shorter. In fact felt half this last run could have been shortened and tightened, and more character elements and resolution put in instead.

Still, not bad. Big battle was cool. Loved seeing the old cylons, if no idea why that's the first time we have. Big fucking guns! How does hiding behind crates stop bullets from those things??!!
But no big surprises. Gaius stays after all (never got his comeuppance though), lots of lesser characters get killed, the girl doesn't get cut up.

Oh, I laughed when Cavill shot himself. It was just bizarre. Wasn't as if the humans weren't going to shoot him anyway. Bit surprised the cylon bad guys didn't kill more goodies in that shootout at close range though. :scratch:
Also odd that you didn't see much of that other cylon good guy, the bloke who knew Starbuck, or so he said.

But yeah, far from perfect ending, kept wanting a scene of someone teaching the natives to play scrabble and spell THE QUESTION. Also them settling on Earth doesn't really make sense - not with language or religion or development - but as if I cared by then.

We're finally done. Fuck the new Caprica series.
When this show was at it's best it was arguably the best scifi ever. When it wasn't, it was daft and pretentious.
But Bill and Saul remain one of my favourite double acts.

Oh, one final thing (finally!). The ending with bits of robots did not scare me at all, Mr Moore. There's probably a frakking centurion empire by now!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:16 pm 
Project's Bitch

Old Git wrote:
Oh, one final thing (finally!). The ending with bits of robots did not scare me at all, Mr Moore. There's probably a frakking centurion empire by now!

Huh? Oh Bollocks, don't tell me there was a post credits scene.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:30 pm 
Project's Bitch

I was referring to the cylons going off with the base ship. After 150,000 years I hate to think the level they are at. We're doomed!! :wink:

Oh, one other thing (I knew I forgot something) the bit where Cavill grabs the girl and puts the gun to her head, and everyone aims at him, that just made me sigh. After everything that's gone on, we ended with an 80s action movie standoff with the villian taking a hostage. :roll:
Glad they got over it quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 pm 
Project's Bitch

Happy now, kodama, you got your rant? :lol:

And the old cylons were in it before. Think was for the Razor movie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:40 pm 
Project's Bitch

Hey, that's no rant!
Should see some other places. I was going to comment on the finale at one place I go to, but seeing the thread I just can't be arsed to get involved.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm 
Project's Bitch

Yeah, that was nothing more than a bit of mild moaning. :cry: I'm disappointed.

The Roslin pre disaster bit was sad but entirely pointless. Has baby shower, family all die, mopes, has shag with younger man then goes into politics. SO WHAT! At least the Apollo/Starbuck bit shows how they've always been a set of groin powered numpties :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:45 pm 
Project's Bitch

I just watched the special that they put on afterwards.

Quote:
Ron Moore: The 6 in his head wasn't a chip. It was a messenger from God or a higher power

:el: :el: :puke: :puke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:38 pm 
Project's Bitch

Yeah. The man's a mormon and I don't have a problem, but to pull shit like that out in a show. Just fucked up.

Oh, thinking back to Cavill shooting himself. I'd have thought he was so warped and bitter he'd go out shooting someone else. If Hera had been there he would have killed her in spite. He seemed to want to live too much to top himself.

Also, reading on some other places, just realised what a big point we missed.
Sex with cavepeople!!!! O.O

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:52 am 
Project's Bitch

Really, you missed Adama making a joke at Baltar's expense?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:47 pm 
Project's Bitch

Actually Tigh made it. :P
Well, maybe a joint effort.

But yeah, a little humour, but that's what happened. When Hera grew up, she mated with the cave people.
Considering the article in the magazine (however true you want to take it) says she is the first of the human race, suggests the others couldn't bare to do it and they died off.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:52 pm 
Project's Bitch

At least 90% would have died from stavation and disease within a year or two.

These were high tech people coming to a zero tech planet, I wouldn't even give the "farmer" Baltar much of a hope. Where would he find the tools, supplies and seed to start farming. Basics like wheat wouldn't even have existed then. They would have had to go back to a hunter gather existence.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:18 pm 
Project's Bitch

I never quite found out how they managed to survive as long as they did. Like how long were they travelling? In all that time they didn't stop anywhere to stock up on food, did they? Not to mention other resources. Unless there was a farming ship in the fleet. Come to think of it, did we ever seem to eat. Seemed they were just always on a liquid diet. And the liquids never ran out.

Oh yeah, the food was the reason for Baltar's group getting confronted by those guys.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:15 pm 
Project's Bitch

Yeah, for a group of refugees they survived a very long time. I'm sure they had something about making food one time. I know they had the mining ship but I think there was something similar - they harvested stuff off asteroids or some nonsense.

But really by spreading across the world they are signing their death sentence. For some tens of thousands to survive there they would have needed to stay together, and kept their guns.
I doubt the natives went long before attacking people. Wonder what Colonials taste like? :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:24 pm 
Project's Bitch

Chicken!

I'm surprised they didn't show present day versions of some of the characters. Though I'm happy that, apart from the couples already together, they didn't show everyone pairing off. Like Lee heading off with another 8 or someone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next