Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Goto tracks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:39 pm 
Project's Bitch

Let's hear the tracks that you always go back to, whether it be for cheering up or destressing.

For me the Mark Ronson version of Just does it, so does Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley although it's not on my ipod at the moment :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:54 pm 
Mew Mew's apprentice

i always go to ghost in the shell series ost's and put them on really low
best songs i would say are "where does the ocean go" or "some other time"
well at the moment those are the songs... :o

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:43 pm 
Ow, my eye!

Location: Lurking beneath the trapdoor, in the dark, waiting to come out...
Surprise its not an anime soundtrack, well soe songs are but meh :wink:

Mine would be my entire discography from Gackt, songs to set any mood in that lot :)

I'm peachy keen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:43 am 
Call the Cops

kodama wrote:
For me the Mark Ronson version of Just does it

Ugh, I really detest what he did to that song! It's an absolutely terrible version of a brilliant song! :puke: :puke: :puke:

Anyway, on topic:

There are some songs by Red Hot Chili Peppers that make me feel good inside. Ones like "On Mercury", "Dani California" and "Tell Me Baby" and others.

Songs from animes also come in to this. Ones like "Soramimi Cake" (Azumanga Daioh opening) and "Life Is Like A Boat" (Bleach first closing) are examples.

Believe it or not, Radiohead perks me up too. "Jigsaw Falling Into Place", "Bones" and "Anyone Can Play Guitar" to name a few.

I love Foo Fighters, and the songs from Disc 2 of In Your Honour cheer me up a great deal, especially "Cold Day In The Sun". And some of their more well-known songs like "Everlong" and "Times Like These".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:49 am 
Project's Bitch

I never understand why Mark Ronson gets all the credit for the song, taking the credit from the guys who sing and play, who I believe are Phantom Planet of California fame.

For me it would be Josh Ritter, Turn, The Frames or the Once soundtrack.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:48 am 
Project's Bitch

CastorTroy81 wrote:
I never understand why Mark Ronson gets all the credit for the song, taking the credit from the guys who sing and play, who I believe are Phantom Planet of California fame.

That's like asking why Steven Spielberg gets any credit. Seeing as how he doesn't act, create CGI, do the sound recording, film any of the footage or write the script usually. :wink: However he did have the idea to record the song in a different manner and he does do all the studio work and play some of the instruments.

Roo: Different strokes for different folks, I like both versions. I try not to be so pompous about music. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:39 am 
Project's Bitch

But at the same time they do it like he's somebody who everyone should know. I'd prefer to listen to a song from the singer of California than the producer of Stop Me. And it's not the fact that he gets the credit. It's the fact he gets all the credit! How often do you hear it being introduced as Mark Ronson featuring... It's only that Amy Winehouse cover of Valerie(for which I have a complaint for different reason) where the artist is mentioned.

Ok rant over. sorry! :)

Anyway, another album I liked when chilling out was Robert Miles' Dreamland. I would put it on low when heading to bed and also used to have it on when studying, back in the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:46 am 
Project's Bitch

Daniel Merriwether, Lilly Allen >.<

Have to admit that I didn't know about Phantom Planet, then again I hadn't heard of them before California, or since. :D

They don't care though, they just sit at home counting all the money he made them. Don't forget, it maybe his name on the record, but the artists and writers took most of the money.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:33 am 
Project's Bitch

Just by Radiohead is fantastic. One of their best. Mark Ronson version, featuring Phantom Planet, nyah. Just made me think of Howard Moon playing some slapbass. :lol:

Ok, need your get up and go for the day? Have at thee!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI1ScV2qad8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wZx2R26J4w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwG8WXYAHR0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfHlA3fmJG0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyJdSvth7w4

Rob Zombie (Dragula), Deep Purple (Stormbringer), Led Zeppelin (Immigrant Song), Rammstein (Sonne), Cream (White Room). That should give you a rush! :sunny:
However if you're feeling more fragile, allow me to offer these classics - Massive Attack (Angel), the Kinks (Lola), Lynyrd Skynyrd (Sweet Home Alabama) and Animals (House of the Rising Sun - dullest video ever, one of the greates songs ever) :fish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZsHNkAJBDU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMsnqQHOwFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZNMA7NpVwo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRV9QCXLtHQ

That's right, kids. This is proper music. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 am 
Call the Cops

Old Git wrote:
That's right, kids. This is proper music. :wink:

I may be young, and quite sexy, but some of those songs you posted are ones I know, and love, already.
"House of the Rising Sun" is a proper example of a classic song, it's just absolutely brilliant. :flash:

Everyone knows who Led Zep are. Undeniably one of the greatest Rock bands Britain has ever produced. :salute:

Oh, and the Skynyrd: Give me Freebird and its immense solo, which was a bit of a bitch on Guitar Hero 2 until I became a master at it. ROCK CLASSIC!

(Plus "Sonne" by Rammstein. Heh, I love singing that. Hier kommt die Sonne etc.) :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:51 am 
Project's Bitch

Damn, there go my old man prejudices! :wink:

But yeah, I did go with some of the safest bets possible. Same reaction with Sonne as well - hey I know what that means! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:21 pm 
Project's Bitch

Oh, just had a few more come to me. Ace of Spades by Motorhead, Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, both guaranteed to make you want to headbang till it hurts.
Also, We're not Gonna Take it by Twisted Sister. When life gets you down, listen to that! :thumb:

Ahahhaa, just caught this one. Bawitdaba by Kid Rock. The only song he has ever done that I loved, or even liked. (M&L loved it too) :D
Just remembered! Damnit, I thought of it, it went, couldn't remember, and thanks to Futurama it came back. Sabotage by the Beastie Boys. Love the video too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:48 pm 
Call the Cops

Old Git wrote:
Oh, just had a few more come to me. Ace of Spades by Motorhead, Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, both guaranteed to make you want to headbang till it hurts.
Also, We're not Gonna Take it by Twisted Sister. When life gets you down, listen to that! :thumb:

Ahahhaa, just caught this one. Bawitdaba by Kid Rock. The only song he has ever done that I loved, or even liked. (M&L loved it too) :D
Just remembered! Damnit, I thought of it, it went, couldn't remember, and thanks to Futurama it came back. Sabotage by the Beastie Boys. Love the video too.

Aah, more songs I know... :flash:

"Ace of Spades". Yes, that song is brilliant. First time I heard it was when they performed it on that episode of The Young Ones. :)

I'm rather a big Nirvana fan, but "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is really overrated. It was probably something amazing back in '91, but it's been overplayed too many times now and it's lost its shine. Plus other Nirvana tracks are much better. :blackeye:

And as for "Sabotage"; I never used to like it. But it's a fun song on both Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band. I rather like it now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:33 pm 
Project's Bitch

You're right, Smells Like Teen Spirit has been overdone so I try not to listen to it too much, but every time I do, I love it.

As for Ace of Spades:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XESEt5A12Zo

That's probably my favourite episode of the Young Ones too. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:40 pm 
Ow, my eye!

Location: Lurking beneath the trapdoor, in the dark, waiting to come out...
Old Git wrote:
Sabotage by the Beastie Boys. Love the video too.

Thats a tune, but I prefer intergalactic and the video is one of all time favourite

I'm peachy keen