Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Vexille
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 pm 
Space Oddity

Has anyone seen or heard of this movie? Looking at the synopsis on Play.com makes it sound good. I however am no good with anime and this would be the first time I've really ventured away from GiTS and Spirited away and others from the Studio Ghibli collection.

Quote:
The year is 2077. A decade earlier, robot technology had become so advanced that the United Nations, concerned that further developments may lead to the `weaponization' of the human body, passed a resolution banning the use of android technology. Choosing to defy the treaty in order to allow the mega-corporation, Daiwa, to continue its research, Japan became a lone, renegade nation effectively shutting itself off from the rest of the world. Isolated and shielded from all outside communication and satellite surveillance, with nobody having entered or left the country for ten years, Japan has become a mystery to all those living outside its borders.

Fearing that Daiwa may now have taken its bio-tech android programme to the ultimate extreme, a crack US Special Forces Unit is tasked with infiltrating Japan on an intelligence mission. Led by a determined, young female commander, Vexille, the unit hooks up with a band of Japanese underground rebels who have refused to conform to the dictates of the Daiwa Corporation. But what Vexille and her team uncover inside Japan proves to be far more devastating than anybody could possibly have imagined and soon they find themselves fighting a battle that will determine the future of all humanity

I'm tempted to buy (since it is on sale) what do you think? I honestly want to know. If not then is there anything else I should try? I really want widen my anime viewing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:43 pm 
Project's Bitch

Dunno about Vexille.

Everyone gushes over "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time", however it is twice the price.

Or if you fancy a brain melter, try something by Satoshi Kon:

Paprika, Millennium Actress, stuff like that.

As for widening your anime viewing, you could skip over to the Funimation site.

http://www.funimation.com/video/?page=shows

There are at least four or five complete series already available and they say they will add more over time. Some are in both sub and dub.

Kiddy Grade
Mushshi
Black Blood Brothers
Blue Gender
Moonphase
xxxHolic
The Galaxy Railways
Origin: Spirits of the Past
Rumbling Hearts
Suzuka
School Rumble

There is also crunchyroll (if you can avoid the freetards)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:54 pm 
Space Oddity

I did see "The girl who lept through time" and was concidering it.

I'll try the funanimation site. I never know which to try, you can't tell if something will be good from it's name. Maybe I'll just do it alphabeticly. :lol:

Thanks. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:09 pm 
Dr Postwhore

The U.K. version of Vexille is subtitles only, hard subs to make things that bit worse, so there is no dub. Not seen it myself, waiting for the Blu-Ray version.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:42 pm 
Project's Bitch

Tenshi wrote:
I'll try the funanimation site. I never know which to try, you can't tell if something will be good from it's name. Maybe I'll just do it alphabeticly. :lol:

I tend to try and read a little about them, whilst avoiding spoilers, then just dive in. So far I've only dropped a couple of awful things that I found on Vuze, but I seem to be rather omnivorous when it comes to anime. >.<

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:22 pm 
Space Oddity

I think I'm quite picky.

Exelion wrote:
The U.K. version of Vexille is subtitles only, hard subs to make things that bit worse, so there is no dub.

I found a trailer for it and struggled to follow the seb on that. Hmm not a good start.