You know what really grinds my gears?

As it says, for all your complaints :P

Moderator: LeeDless

BT
Mew Mew's apprentice
AC Username: BT

#1366 Post by BT » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:55 pm

You're right GAME will no longer be stocking EA games from March onwards - and as a result they have canceled all pre-orders. Sucks you don't get the points back. Might help. Also if you're buying for the PC give EAs' Digital Distribution - Origin - a go (similar to Steam but more draconian).

If you pre-ordered a PS Vita from them you'll also have noticed a lack of Ubi Soft titles on sale. GAME Group's (incl Game Station) credit insurance took a hit recently and as a result publishers are demanding upfront payments. Hence their inability to get stock of said titles.

BT

geren
Mew Mew's apprentice
AC Username: geren

#1367 Post by geren » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:18 am

Game have always been a bit dodgy I wouldn't mind if they just disappeared. They lie way too often to customers. I went in last week to see about the possibility of them having any collectors editions in store and they said no but there is a special edition for all platforms that gives you the same in game content that you can pre-order. I haven't been able to find any information on such a thing. They claim often as well that they are the only ones stocking CE when other store may be stocking them as well. Since HMV didn't have it I believed game was the only place till today asda & sainsbury for all the places was two of them had it but not HMV a retailer that you would expect to.. :scratch:

Wish I could move to using a pc for gaming but when ever I play games on my pc I feel like I get too consumed into them because I use my pc for other things as well that I keep going back to the game too often. I got obsessed with Minecraft for a bit.

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch
AC Username: gpatton81

#1368 Post by CastorTroy81 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:26 am

From what I read, after the trouble GAME were having, the limited edition (N7?) copies they were meant to get were sent to other sellers. Also I read they were refunding the deposit and giving reward points.
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/game-gamest ... -3-6360577" onclick=" window.open(this.href);return false;
GAME have also stopped with Nintendo games, I believe as they said they won't be stocking Mario Party 9
Ebenezer Scrooge was a weak minded lightweight.
He broke after only a few hours of brainwashing!!!

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch

#1369 Post by CastorTroy81 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Pane of glass on the inside of my oven door just decided to shatter.

CastorTroy81
Project's Bitch

#1370 Post by CastorTroy81 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Waiting on package from UPS and now the status is
"THE ADDRESS IS IN A REMOTE AREA AND DELIVERIES ARE NOT MADE DAILY / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED"

I live in probably the biggest town in the north of Ireland yet somehow it's too remote. Guessing this is another case of Ireland being divided into 2 parts: Dublin and not Dublin

kodama
Project's Bitch

#1371 Post by kodama » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 pm

It's that time of year again! Bastard insurance renewal. I feel that they may not want my business, they want to charge a £650 excess in the event of an accident, the whole claim probably wouldn't amount to that and one of the companies wanted "upto" £75 admin fee for any future changes. The next one was a stroppy arse, so I went to the NFU, they were nice, helpful and didn't require me to bend over. :)

kodama
Project's Bitch

#1372 Post by kodama » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Gah, uploading HD(ish) video to youtube on an adsl connection. 700k up really isn't cutting it.

12 hrs for 3GB :cry: and that's only halfway.

kodama
Project's Bitch

#1373 Post by kodama » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Bloody cineworld, first they charge a booking fee for online bookings, then yay for them they did a small discount instead but now they've added a charge for an SMS of the ticket booking. :roll:

And yeah I am moaning about a 10p charge on a super cheap Tuesday ticket. :lol:

Crucifer
sexXxholic
AC Username: crucifer

#1374 Post by Crucifer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:57 pm

My housemate and his (non rent or bill paying) boyfriend who basically lives with us never do any washing up, always say the other person has done the washing up, and get really pissed off when I ask them when they're going to do their washing up.

The same housemate thinks that 'No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you're wrong, you're wrong, no' (direct quote) is an effective and non-aggressive way of arguing about something, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't think that arguing about something is the same as having a friendly chat. Seriously, over the course of an hour, he'll try to raise an argument about 4 times.

Our internet is going all spaffy and won't play any video fast enough to make it worth watching.

A stupid stupid girl on my masters course keeps confusing everyone by getting deadlines, assignments and weekly homework wrong and telling everyone the wrong dates etc. We're stressed enough as it is without the added stress of worrying about things that we don't need to worry about! She also goes off on 20 minute tangents about 'how this piece of music made me feel' when we're in the middle of super super in depth close analysis of the structure of it. (Like talking about how an equation makes you 'feel' in a maths class).

My boss is significantly less able to do his job than I am, but he's the best we've got.

I've applied for a job that 6 months ago I was told was being created for me, but someone else, who's a serious competitor, has also been invited to apply and is really seriously being considered. If I don't get this job, I *have* to emigrate, as I can no longer afford my current job with the debt from my masters.

My room's a tip and I'm too fucking lazy to tidy it up.

*breathe*

kodama
Project's Bitch

#1375 Post by kodama » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Good grief. you're still learning stuff? Isn't your brain full yet?

Old Git
Project's Bitch
AC Username: Prisoner KSC2 303

#1376 Post by Old Git » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 am

I don't think I'll ever be able to post here again and not feel petty.
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard."

Crucifer
sexXxholic

#1377 Post by Crucifer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:52 am

I just want the pretty hoods...

Nabeshin
Call the Cops
AC Username: Nabeshin

#1378 Post by Nabeshin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Ah man. You thinking about emigrating to any place in particular?
On The Desperate Edge Of Now.

kodama
Project's Bitch

#1379 Post by kodama » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Japan! Go on, you know you want to! ;)

Crucifer
sexXxholic

#1380 Post by Crucifer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Going to England first, probably. Having been to Japan, I don't think I could live there, but I would mind having what my uncle does at Yale, i.e. a visiting fellowship. He goes over for a month every year. I reckon I'll probably settle in the south of England though, AKA the place I feel most at home.