Silent Mobius, the series - a 30 second review

Anime reviews
Project-2501
Project's Bitch

#1 Post by Project-2501 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Well, when you've seen one near future post apocalyptic anime you've seen them all...

Wiki says Silent Mobius takes its cues from Blade runner, bunk I say. Its pretty much a clone of Bubblegum Crisis but with aliens and magic instead of mechanoids. (although there are mechanoids in Silent Mobius too) You've got an all female police special unit run by a woman with a dark history and an axe to grind fighting the evil Lucifer Hawk aliens. Yeah, follows Blade runner for sure :)

However it wasn't all bad. There was some good character development and the story mostly held together. A couple of 'something important happened in the past but we haven't told you what' moments and the ending was more of a convenient place to end the series than a true ending.

Its a fairly typical mid/late 90's medium budget anime, very much the pointy noses and see-through hair school of animation. The dub is so-so and thats being kind. Some of the voices really don't suit the characters, but then its from a time when dubs did suck a bit.

Overall I'd give it 2 kitties :cat: :cat:
I am the project code named two-five-zero-one, The Puppet Master

kodama
Project's Bitch

#2 Post by kodama » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:50 pm

Should have watched it subbed then 8)

Project-2501
Project's Bitch

#3 Post by Project-2501 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm

It wasn't much better :)