Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fud Review: Shakugan no Shana Volume 2 Dub & Disc
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:45 am 
Kodama bit my bum

Instead of copy/pasting my entire review over here, I'll link you directly to my blog. It's a review of Shakugan no Shana Volume 2. I used the dub to review, but the japanese version is also very well acted.

Fud Review: Shakugan no Shana Volume 2 Dub & Disc

My full blog can be found in my sig.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 pm 
Mew Mew's apprentice

Nice review. I have been following your blog and various reviews, but haven’t checked it in a while.

I've actually had both Vol 1 and 2 since release but have never got round to watching them. I was going to wait until I had all 4 volumes, but with volume 3 coming out in September I got bored waiting. After only watching episode 1 so far and reading different reviews I think I might enjoy this series. Maybe not a "must see", but still watchable.

The first thing that struck me when watching was the animation quality. It is very sharp and crisp; even the subtitles are nicely rendered. The creepy dolly-like enemies and multiple head creatures are different. They certainly give the "I'm evil" vibe when watching.

However one grudge I hold is with the sound track. Both the English and Japanese are stereo, which for a more modern anime is quite disappointing. Maybe with 5.0 SS I'd have been more blown away by the first episode.

Just a case now of getting caught up with the series and then waiting out until September (I hope I can remember what has happened for that long).

BT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:10 am 
Kodama bit my bum

BT wrote:
Just a case now of getting caught up with the series and then waiting out until September (I hope I can remember what has happened for that long).

BT

You could always go back and rewatch the last one episode before the new ones, to get you back up to speed. That's what I do when I have a long break on a series.

And it's nice to know that people are actually reading the many reviews and other things I've been posting :)