Fake AC MkII

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Herculean feats of brain bending
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:11 am 
Dr Postwhore

thinkign: i wonder whether anyone would be interested in discussing the possibility of a existential being existing in a non tangible universe?...or maybe on whether slip stream theory is possible and if so how it could potentially link in with multiple universe theory... :) anyone?

MOD: Not the best start, confusing weather with whether. Needs it's own thread I think.

Post subject: Whats On Your Mind... Say Right Now
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:15 am 
Call the Cops

I think I have to wonder, first if question one is working based upon the assumption that multiple universes actually exist or that our universe is non-tangible and therefore an existential being is existing within it in its present state? And if so, doesn't that make us, those that operate thoughtfully with the environment, the existential beings in question?

I'm also wondering- Why ask the question if you aren't planning to stick around for the discussion?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:27 am 
Dr Postwhore

well i think that the universe is non tangible due to the fact that apart from sight we cant really do anything to it yet... however if multiple universes (or universi?) exist then the probability of an existential being would be relatively probable, a sub theory of the multiple universe theory is that the multiple universes (or universi) created to cover each individual action covered by a person (chaos theory on mass) what i never fully understood was if slip stream theory exists and we can cross dimensions instantaneously then world it be right to assume that in a universe a existential being would exist in the universe but to a point in the universe away from our earth (that assuming that the earth existed in a different part of our own solarsystem or universe...or maybe the existential being is smart enough to avoid the human race (were not exactly all angels) and would that also mean that if potentially an existential being existed weather it would be safe to therefore say that it wount have to apply itself to our natural laws of physics and therefore could potentially be everything or anything?...

btw sorry for not responding quickly i got hungry :pop:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:47 am 
Call the Cops

Well I'll start off saying that if there is an existential being, it may not operate under our physics which may very well be universe specific, instead it may function under the laws of a the greater universi one that functions on a level of the cross-dimensionality.

Now from what I understand what your saying in jist, is that there is a new universe/dimension for every possible path something takes, almost like the idea that we create a new stream of time every time we make a choice, a bit like the sliding doors theory (see movie sliding doors for a very cheesy romantic example.)

Oh in regards to Chaos theory, I have been doing research on the subject, actually have a essay on how it manifests itself in society through literature. I can try and wrangle up a copy if you are interested.

Oh and I got hungry too. :pop:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:00 am 
Dr Postwhore

so would you agree with me in saying that the fundamental science laws (eg: the theory of special relativity) always remain persistent in a multiple universi? or do you agree with the scientists who claim that due to multiple universes being so potentially unpredictable there concepts of science may not run parallel to our own?.
recently i read a scientific journal that stated that a recent breakthrough known as "string theory" could potentially give credit to the multiple universe theory (string theory states that inside the atoms that make up existence there are yet a smaller collection of iotas (i cant remember the term for what they were) which were essentially small spheres with eleven string like electronic charges that vibrate. all of these small vibrations go some way to aid gravity (as i understand it im not 100% certain on the subject) they also went into great detail on how if they could find a way to neutralise these string like "things" they could potential break down matter and rebuild it as they saw fit meaning that they could control matter as they saw fit and potentially could generate dimensional holes in space and time the only trouble is that they said that to cross space and time would be instantaneous and would break light speed most likely killing anyone or thing to enter the rift they also said that if they were able to travel in time it would only be within the lifetime of the person traveling... the theory quantum leap

and i'd love to see your essey on chaos theory as i went some way to studying it myself :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:11 am 
Call the Cops

I only have the essay half copied on my laptop since I finished typing it up elsewhere, but I do have the paper copy and could do a transfer from paper copy to laptop, it will just take a couple if minutes since I've got about 4 or 5 paragraphs to re-type. It isn't an exceptionally long essay though, and soon I'd like to go through and make it longer, using a larger basis of source material and what not.

From what I have heard string theory would be a breakthrough in modern science and would open many doors in ways of discovering further about the universe we exist in.

I have to lean toward the idea that the possibilities are too endless to say that all other universes would function under the same basic principle ideas: gravity, etc. I think that it is possible that some may have parallel science, but surely not all. Statistically, that is unlikely.

Then again, as Chaos theory suggests, that which appears ordered may actually be disorderly, and that which is disorderly may have more order. So you never know, maybe our statistics are wrong and we just do not have a large enough field of information.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:26 am 
Dr Postwhore

yes i agree with the principle that the fundamental laws of science may not apply to all universi but at the same time i feel that im drawn to the conclusion that at least 1 scientific law must remain constant in all universi...however if every action that is performed generates an alternate universe where events are played out differently then there would be the assumption that time and the universe were somehow infinite as each universe would generate sub universes and each sub universe would generate a sub universe and so on and so on for eternity.

as a second question with only mild relation to the question i originally posed i was recently asked what shape the universe and time was, to which i got into a rather heated debate my opposition argued that time was a line and the universe was a circle that rolled along the line... i argued that it couldnt be so as a line is a one dimensional shape and a circle a two dimensional shape...i then went on to argue that time was non tangible and therefore couldnt really be given a shape form but if a shape had to be assigned to it i said it would be a rippling sphere (due to time's fluctuation) and that the universe would be a tesseract that resided inside the sphere but at the same time could potentially be outside
what are your thoughts on the potential shape of the universe and time?

thanks again for the essay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:38 am 
Call the Cops

Well, I think you're right in you can't mix one dimensional and two dimensional together, I think seeing the time as a thread rather then a line would work better.

How would you fit a tesseract inside a sphere? Also, I thought that the tesseract was an unproved theory?

Here, answer my question and I'll spend a bit more time pondering yours, I usually think of the universe in formless terms and more of an idea existing within my mind (I'm a bit too into philosophy). So considering it with a form is an odd new experience for me.

Oh, and your welcome for the essay, I'm still typing away at it, so I should have it soon, and when I do, I'll put it in the writing forum under a new thread: The Requiem of Chaos, the Genesis of Order.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:50 am 
Dr Postwhore

i went under the assumption that because a Tesseract was capable of being both a 4 dimensional and a three dimensional shape it could potentially exist within or outside a sphere ^_^; my mistake...

and as for your question i used to (and partially still do) think of the universe in formless terms however i cant help but feel that the universe must have some form. it would depend on the persons personal view of the universe. while aspects of the universe are tangible there are aspects that are not tangible. personally i think that any form of existence that is capable of a conciousness is a form of the universe which would mean that the universe would hold some form of tangibility. however some scientists may disagree with that due to other contradictory theories out there...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:08 am 
Call the Cops

Yes. Very bad. Mistakes like that must not be made. Just as bad as saying line and sphere. :wink:

Hmm, I find myself drawn to thinking of time and the universe a bit like a prism. Time being the light which when once entering into the prism becomes a rainbow, which sounds odd, but I'm thinking of each new bit of universe that forms from the movement of time/light through the prism, creates a new color/universe. That sounds silly, but that is the only way I can think to explain what I'm thinking.

Personally, I can't help thinking that this universe does not exist, but another does, but then with that line of reasoning, I draw upon my own spiritual thoughts in conjunction with my philosophical and scientific thoughts, which is a large can of worms that could become quite contradictory.

Also thinking, why are tv dinner deserts so gross, my apple cobbler came out tasting of green beans. *gag*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:20 am 
Dr Postwhore

LOL :)
your idea about the shape of the universe and time is interesting and i agree when you say that the universe could be held in a entropic mix of scientific facts and philosophical principles even though it could potentially end up with a series of contradictory terms...

as for your TV dinner desert disaster, eww green beans :argh:

im now thinking: im tired goodnight all :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:26 am 
Call the Cops

Good night Daniel. Oh, if you get a chance later, I posted that essay.

Glad you agree, because I often come up against a wall of contradiction when I start contemplating these ideas.

Eww. I know right? It was disgusting.

Also, that prism idea is just a first idea, I'll think some more about it tonight and tomorrow.

Again. Sweet dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:29 pm 
Dr Postwhore

yes iv just read your essay, its a fascinating piece i liked the way you used one flew over the cuckoos nest and Beowulf as examples to define how chaos theory is need as a balance.

i was recently thinking about the potential of a paradox should scientists discover a way to neutralise the electric charge in the strings in the string level of an atom... and what potential effects a paradox could cause should it be created, should the theory of a paradox be correct that is...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:43 pm 
Call the Cops

I think you just skimmed over my level of knowledge, I think I should go do more research.

So you liked it then? I was worried, it takes a very non-scientific approach to the subject.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:07 pm 
Dr Postwhore

well from what i read while it wasn't reels and reels of scientific description it definitely gives the reader an in sight as to what chaos theory may be and how it takes effect. it was rather abstract if you ask me and i like abstractiveness in written pieces :geek: :)